Indian Robot Olympiad (IRO) is one of the largest Robotics competition in India for students between the age group of 9 to 19, held since 2006. It is a not-for-profit competition supported and organized by Techtronics Education, an organization focused on bringing Science and Technology based learning solutions for students with the intervention of Robotics.
IRO is the Indian Chapter of World Robot Olympiad that provides a unique platform for students to showcase their talent and creativity and represent INDIA at the international level.
Vision: “… creating a world where science and technology are celebrated and where young people dream of becoming science and technology leaders."
- To inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation.
- To foster well-rounded essential life skills including self-confidence, communication, teamwork and leadership.
- To promote research aptitude for Science & Engineering in students.
- To prepare youngsters for the challenges of tomorrow
- Academy of Robotics is always ready to give wonderful and complete free training for IRO aspirants.
- We invite individuals or a team of 2 or 3 from Schools, Colleges or direct, to participate in this competition and are categorized according to their age groups.
- Teams can participate in regular or open category.
- Participating teams need to create, design and build Robots using LEGO Mindstorms NXT to solve pre-defined missions.
- For all students up to the age of 19 an opportunity to expand their horizons through exploration of Robots and Robotic systems in the school.
- Introduce the concept of modern science into schools educational activities using ICT and technology.
- Provide an opportunity to promote creative thinking, improve communications and cooperation skills, strengthen the ability to acquire new knowledge, highly relevant towards progressive education.
- We provide scholarship programs for those who deserve under our CSR project.
Final Competition Awards:
- Participation Certificate to participants, across all age groups and categories.
- Coach /Mentor Certificate – 1 per team.
- Ranking Certificate to 3rd and 4th position across all age groups and categories.
- Silver Medal, Trophy, Ranking Certificate and Prizes worth Rs.0.5 Lakh to the 2nd position team across all age groups and categories.
- Gold Medal, Trophy, Ranking Certificate and Prizes worth Rs.1.0 Lakh to the 1st position team across all age groups and categories.
Hall of Fame
You & IRO
Volunteer as a parent with Academy of Robotics to:
• Encourage your child to be a part of IRO
• Sponsor your child’s team
• Mentor your child’s team
• Introduce IRO to your child’s school
• Contribute towards development of essential life skills of your child.
• Trigger an inclination towards science, technology and maths through this fun filled and engaging format.
• Work closely with your child and her friends – great bonding opportunity.
• Guide your child towards a bright future.
YOU & IROVolunteer with us as a Responsible Corporate Sponsor
• A regular school team or an under privileged school team
• Assign engineers to mentor and guide teams.
• Any regional or Final IRO event, in part or in full or the entire IRO program
• Give back to the society, CSR compliance.
• Effective HR tool to develop Mentorship, Leadership and Project Management capabilities in your organization.
• Employee engagement opportunity – organise internal robotics competition for the children of your employees.
• Seeding corporate image in young minds – develop and harvest potential future leaders, engineers, innovators and growth drivers.